The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

making aero peek GO AWAY faster

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by drcrappants
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1752 times

drcrappants

hey guys, i found the tweaks to make aeropeek appear faster for the taskbar and for the desktop by reducing its delays after adding in its dword in registry.

new issue is the peek hovers for too long before it goes away--i have to move the mouse far away and wait its delay for it to go away before i can do something else. example: im browsing the net and i use the peek, and it covers part of my browser. if theres a link there i want to click i have to wait for the peek to go away first. small detail but annoying.

anyone know the tweak?

Posted 4 years ago

drcrappants

bump surely someone knows

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi drcappants
do you mean the little box's that pop-up when you put your pointer on the ones in task-bar, perhaps you have to many programs running if not how's your mem, on your pc ....my 'peek is there less than 1 sec,post back

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Can you link me to the tweak to make it appear faster.

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi LH
very funny, can you remember that thread oh... about three-four weeks back re: making pc faster... the registry tweek(control set- setting where someone suggested 1000-time out. and you said bit drastic try 5000 first wont that work i set mine as you suggested 5000 a lot of difference.with ref,to your above post will get back.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

I don't think the OP is talking about the same thing.

Posted 4 years ago

drcrappants

thanks for the responses, but i'm not sure what you guys are asking.
i've figured out how to make the the first popups appear faster and and the 'ghost' window (the peeking aspect that shows the main window and none of the others in full size).

what i am asking for is that once i move the mouse away, the initial (smaller) popups stay for about a second or two, which i would like to make disappear faster.

this isnt an issue with lag or cpu speed, its just a tweak that is predefined i believe. there wasnt a link or a guide for the request i have, which is why i made a post :)

link for LH:
http://www.tweakwin7.com/artic.....ver-delay/
http://tweaks.com/articles/394.....ver-delay/

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Not had a chance to play with it, but looking at those links, just try different hover times, until it suits you.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.