How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Make video from Windows media player

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 1159 times

InDiSent

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to make a video with windows media player. I have an mp3 playing and my son loves to watch the windows media player visualization stuff. So is there a way to make a video of that with the mp3 and visualization? Can this be done without any additional software? I'm running Windows 7 Pro X64. Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

whs

You need a screen capture program. WMCapture is the best one I have found and I use it extensively myself. But it costs $40 (lifetime license). I bought it because all of the free programs were pretty bad. If you happen to have Microsoft One Note 2007, there is a video capture function in it too. I tried it once, but it was a little messy to use. WMCapture, however, is dead simple.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt

i put my flip video camera in front of the screen, but it took forever to sync the music kandinsky chaos

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

I do have one note 2007.....i think i'll give it a go later on. Thanks WHS.
It would be cool if Windows had some sort of video capture tool built in or even Windows media player.

Hmmm, i just had a great idea. I use vmware workstation and it has a screen capture tool built in. I'm gonna see if it does audio with the video too.

OK - No audio with vmware screen capture.

Posted 5 years ago

whs

I have made a little sample (with my tools) that I have uploaded here (best viewed in full screen). Once you are done experimenting with the tools at your disposal, you can compare the results in terms of capture quality.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

That was awesome WHS! How did you do it?

Posted 5 years ago

whs

That was easy - was a 5 minute job (plus the runtime of the music). I first made a capture with my WMCapture and then I did a fast edit job with Machete. The long job was to upload it to Vimeo - maybe one day I get their PLUS package. Then there is supposed to be no wait time.

Accepted Answer · Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

I'm going to check those apps out. Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.