How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Macrium - help please.

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Wasroberto1
  • Latest reply from Wasroberto1
  • Topic Viewed 336 times

Wasroberto1
Wasroberto1

As a very non-geek, I have for some time used Acronis for routine back ups but thought I should perhaps try Macrium. (I don't know that it's better but it is much liked here on HTG)
Unfortunately, I can't get past the page which wants me to fill in the name of the destination folder. Whatever folder name I try I get either "path syntax invalid" or "Please select a different folder" -for whatever reason. Can someone offer a simple explanation of what is wanted?

( I'm using WinXP and trying to back up to an external disc)

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Did you create the recovery first?

What is your backup drive? and is it connected or are you backing up to a partition?

When you say backing up to external disk, not a DVD for instance

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

On the end of the Destination Folder input box you should see a little square box with three dots in it.....click on that and browse to the folder you wish to put your images in. Click Make New Folder in External Drive's open window if you want to. Obviously your drive must be connected to do this.

Tony

Posted 1 year ago

Wasroberto1
Wasroberto1

I should have said that I did get it to work once but now, using the same folder name with a minor change, it gets rejected.
I'm using an external drive (connected) and I have tried clicking the little square box followed by "Make New Folder" but it won't accept that.

CORRECTION Now I've just tried again and It has worked. I always assume in cases like this that I have done something stupid, so I guess this is what happened this time. Sorry to have wasted your time !

Bob.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!