The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Mac

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by AliKarbassi
  • Latest reply from The Geek
  • Topic Viewed 2239 times

AliKarbassi

For over 8 years, I've been using Windows. Then I switched to Linux for 2 years and now I'm using my Macbook more than my PC (Yes, mac is unix, I know).

My question is, why not create a Mac or OS X specific forum on How-To Geek?

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I have no problem with creating a Mac or OS X forum here... The thought occurred to me when I was defining the forums, but I wasn't sure if there would be much interest in it.

Let's let the readers decide... anybody else think I should add an Apple forum?

Posted 6 years ago

thedudester

I wouldn't complain about it, although I might not use it much myself it might be cool to learn something about mac

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

Between myself and The Geek along with the readers I think we could have an active Apple forum. I have used OS X in the past and come accross it through my daily IT position maybe 5% of the time. I also keep up to date on what Apple is doing and enjoy learning the technology... plus as I said our readers RULE!!!

Posted 6 years ago

daniel

It's probably worth noting that Mac users tend to be more vocal on forums than Windows users. (pst: that's a polite way of saying that Mac-heads are LOUD) :-)

So, with that in mind I would guess we could have a very active Mac forum, even without too many mac-toting readers.

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

hahaha! Great job daniel! Starting a argument with Mac-heads on the forums first day!

Posted 6 years ago

AliKarbassi

Good to see some support :)

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I guess the people have spoken... There's now a mac forum.

Now go forth, and spread the good word of OSX. =)

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!