The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Lost Administrator Password

(2 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Katzeye2
  • Latest reply from michael
  • Topic Viewed 1263 times

Katzeye2

Back several months ago, July 31, 2007, to be exact, something happened to my Administrator's password. I was having a problem accessing the internet so, I called my cable provider thinking that the problem was on thier end. He asked me if I had any McAffe products on my computer. I said yes, at the time I had McAffe firewall and McAffe virus protection. He said that the problem was a glitch in McAffe's updates and he gave me thier # to call. I called them and followed all thier steps to remove all refrences to McAffee in my registry and then after I could reconnect to the internet I could download all my McAffe products again. The problem was when I wanted to download them again I got a message saying that I did not administrative rights to download the software. I called back McAffe and they didn't know what had happened and were of no help. I am using limited user account that I set up for my fiance. When I go to the logon screen it lists Myself and my fiance's login name but I have tried every password I've ever used and I can no longer access my account nor do anything that has to do with administator's permission. How can I regain control of my computer again? Katzeye2

Posted 6 years ago

michael

Try this:

http://www.lostpassword.com/wi.....content=v1

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.