The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Logitech VX NANO Mouse and Receiver

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by rushunter
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 435 times

rushunter

I have two Logitech VX NANO Mice and three LZ82-------FS receivers. Two of the receivers are married to each mouse. The third receiver is in a USB adapter.

All three receivers are LZ82s but they are not interchangeable with my two mice. Each mouse will only work with it’s own receiver. How may I interchange receivers in the event one receiver fails and I have to use one of the other two???

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

The receivers are uniquely tied to a particular device. Chances are more likely that the mouse will die way before the receiver.

Posted 1 year ago

rushunter

What if a receiver is lost?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Then the connection will be lost also, the coding between individual devices are manifold

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

If you think about it, the reason for the different coding is simply because if someone nearby happens to be using the same mouse on their laptop then the signals could disrupt each other - not something you'd want happening.

Posted 1 year ago

rushunter

Found the answer to pair my mouse with another receiver. I called Logitech support, kept pushing “0” until I had a live person who transferred me to tech support who walked me over to the web site and had me download “Logitch_connect.exe.

I followed the instructions given and married (paired) my mouse to another receiver.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Nice find. Thanks for reporting back. Learn something new here every day thanks to folks like you.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!