(Solved) - Login Problems (HTG)

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by tazcat
  • Latest reply from Seasider2
  • Topic Viewed 1092 times

tazcat
tazcat

This has happened like five times now -.-'

When I change my profile information on HowToGeek's forums and try to post afterwards it tells me that i have to "login to post".
This is strange, because at the top of the page (next to the categories) it still says "My Profile" and "Logout".

So I click "Login" on the "Login to post" and enter username and password and it tells my that my password is incorrect... -.-'
I think "Aw, man. Not again" and click the recover password, go through the process and everything works fine until next time I click edit profile.

Also, the change password box is a bit tricky.
Am I supposed to enter my new password twice, or should I enter my old one in the top box and my new on the bottom box?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16689223/changepass.PNG

PS. Don't know what topic this is, so I put it under "Site Suggestions"... Maybe you could add a new topic: "Forum Questions"

/Eric
EDIT: Gaah, my Dropbox images won't show up most of the time sometimes? Why? Oh well, I'll just add a link...
EDIT 2: Does it really matter in which forum this is, I always just look at the forums main page... It is more convenient.

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Eric, there does seem to be a few probs with login after updating your profile. You should get a new PW on request to your registered email address. If that address has been changed then contact any mod and a new one will be issued and you can change when successfully logged in.

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

tazcat
tazcat

The recovery works fine, just wanted to inform you guy and check if I was the only one having that problem. Don't worry about it though.

Also I would like a suggest someone making a HowToGeek howto on imaging (whs would love that xD)... it is very useful if something bad happens to your computer.

Posted 3 years ago

Seasider2
Seasider2

Had similar problems which never got sorted and had to re-register, hence the 2. Best not to change your password or email address.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!