The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Live preview??

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Azazeel
  • Latest reply from Justin
  • Topic Viewed 1083 times

Azazeel

The live thumbnail previews are meant to check progress of each task without clicking them, but instead of showing live image ,i.e is running progress bar etc etc , it only shows the still picture of the task ?? for e.g. downloading sumthing through firefox or any other browser,when minimized only shows the still image of progress upon hovering the pointer on minimized application?? its not live. Correct me if i am wrong..

Posted 5 years ago

The Geek

The previews don't work for minimized applications, because they don't re-draw themselves. It's really meant for when you have multiple windows open and maximized.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Some of mine work on minimized windows, and some don't !

Posted 5 years ago

Azazeel

Hey thanks for replying me. Now i know.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

i.e.,a minimized VLC window, playing a film, will show the film in thumbnail/preview. As will Firefox show updated pages. Other programs will not.

Posted 5 years ago

jd2066

@LH: that is interesting. I didn't recall that happening with Firefox on Windows Vista. It didn't update it's thumbnail while minimized at all, I thought.
Could be wrong though as I haven't used it in a while as I've been using chrome instead. I'll run Firefox later and see if that is the case and I'm just remembering wrong :)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.