How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Linux for Tablet PCs

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by HaribomachtKinderfroh
  • Latest reply from MuhammadShafiq
  • Topic Viewed 11607 times

HaribomachtKinderfroh
HaribomachtKinderfroh

Any ideas when someone will have made programs (or even a distribution) for Tablet PCs?

I had Ubuntu and XP (dual-boot) on my old laptop but now that I have a Tablet PC, it seems I don't have many options and I feel a bit lost without my Linux.

Posted 6 years ago

jake
jake

In a recent Linux Journal article the best Linux laptop was deemed to be the Raven X61 which is essentially a Thinkpad with Linux. You may want to try to look into what all software this includes and such. I do seem to recall Linux Journal saying that the Fedora setup was best, but that may not be the case with the default installation.

Posted 6 years ago

HaribomachtKinderfroh
HaribomachtKinderfroh

Thanks, Jake. I had heard about the Raven X61 but my understanding was that although it worked alright, it didn't really work well (handwriting recognition, touch screen, just generally using the tablet features). I'll look into it some more though.

I also hadn't realized there was a Linux Journal so I'll definitely look into that too. Anyone know if there's a Linux One Note or GoBinder?

Thanks again, Jake.

Posted 6 years ago

Teufel
Teufel

I am afraid there isn't any great OneNote equivalent for Linux, but if you want it only for taking notes, then try Tomboy.

However if you are looking for using it with the tablet/stylus then try gournal (GTK2) or jarnal (java-based).

Posted 6 years ago

jake
jake

HaribomachtKinderfroh: Linux Jounral is a magazine like Linux Pro Magazine or Linux Format, sorry for any confusion. Anyway, you can check out the article online:

http://interactive.linuxjournal.com/article/9781

Posted 6 years ago

MuhammadShafiq

How do i install ubuntu in tablet pc?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!