How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Links in posts

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 1557 times

InDiSent
InDiSent

When i click on links in posts it navigates away from this site. Is it just me or does it happen to everyone? If this is the way the site works then my suggestion is to have links open in a new tab or window by default. What do you guys think?

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

It depends on how you have your browser set up to deal with links, as to how/where they open.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

I use FF and Links open in a new tab for every other site. It's weird that this is the only site that it navigates away from.

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Are you using Tab Mix Plus ?

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Nah.....i haven't used that in forever.

Posted 5 years ago

amkeew
amkeew

That would depend on the html codes used for that link. Most of the links use code that would open the link in the same window. But there are html codes that would open the links in a different window. I prefer the latter since I use the tabbed browser and I can easily switch between the original page and the linked page.

Any link can be opened in another window by right clicking and selecting the open in new window option.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Yeah..you're right. Now that i pay attention i see the links that do that are User created links not links in the website itself. Yeah, i middle click to open in a new tab.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.