The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

linking gmail with windows mails

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by adddavie
  • Latest reply from adddavie
  • Topic Viewed 890 times

adddavie

I am trying to link my gmail account with my windows mail, at first it worked fine but after a few hours it has stopped working. I am still able to send emails from it but am unable to recieve anything from the gmail account. All folders are missing and i keep getting this error msg coming up, at first i get

" There are no folders to show for this account. Would you like to view a list of avaliable folders now"!!!!!!!!!!!

If i click yes I then get

"XOAUTH2 Authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this computer.

In small writing underneath that warning message it says

"Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system".

I have looked on your previous forums and follwed instructions and gone through all the problems and basically tried everything. Nothing seems to be working, could you please try and help me.

I would really appreciate as I am now completley stuck

Posted 1 year ago

adddavie

Its now stop sending mail and has come up with this message "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Amazing Wall Designs ', Account: 'Polished Plaster Centre', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.4.5 Daily sending quota exceeded. p2sm90242398wic.7', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69"

Massive help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

adddavie, it could be a botnet attack perhaps

Download the free version of this; http://www.superantispyware.com/

An alternative client app is Thunderbird; http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

When setting up gmail in TB this should be seemless BTW

Login to gmail webmail and see if you are being spammed, if so 'mark as' spam

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

adddavie

Mike thanks I have one account that is set up already and have never had any problems with, i've just set a zoho mail up to test if i have the same problem and basically the same error message etc has appeared again. Very confusing, I will try running the spyware above!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!