The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - Limited account on only...No Admin account..Windows XP

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Chol
  • Latest reply from Chol
  • Topic Viewed 2185 times

Chol

My uncle Computer was setup by self-claim IT student who did something idiot.
He setup only one limited account for the computer and no administrator account,..when we try to install something, the installation is being denial.
this account is just running in read mode...you can do anything else.

I want to visit him just days ahead and I need to fix all this and install some communications software...but I don't have idea on what I should do, he don't want his computer to be reset into factory default.
I have also tried use the hidden admin account in boot mode,..but nothing happen..everything is denial.

At that I wasn't knowing..how to show the hidden Administrator account build into Windows, but now I know...my question is.......................

Will I be deny if I run "net user administrator /active:yes" in command prompt?..in order to display this hidden account.

Any other way to solve is highly welcome.

Computer: Windows XP

Regards
Chol

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=2

Posted 5 years ago

Chol

I will go and try

Thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Chol

Hi Raphoenix,

I have tried to logon in safe mode, Normal but nothin has change,..since access denied continue to be the case.
there is no other way to recover this admin account....I may be will try to set it back into factory default...what key can i press to get into that screen...windows XP is a little bit confussing anyway.

Thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Chol

I want to reset this computer back onto factory default...please anyone help now.

I am confusing on what key to press...all the step from press key to....

any help appreciate

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!