LG introduces 23-in. touch monitor for Windows 8

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from oldgeezer
  • Topic Viewed 637 times

raphoenix

The Touch 10 monitor will ship in November
http://www.computerworld.com/s.....2012-10-31

This may be hard to manipulate at Standard Desktop Screen Reach Lengths. (lol)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@Rick, Work on Cadillacs all day and the new touch screens are a real pain. They give the new owners a cloth when they buy the car to clean the screen. How long will that last? What piece of junk. The screen gets all fingerprinted up just checking the car in to make sure it works. Also, reach lengths, Rotator cuff people need not apply. I am one. LOL.

Edit: Wait till the young'uns with the sticky candy fingers use it.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Good way to get a tennis arm.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Cortisone shot usually fixes it.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

@Joe,

I Agree totally.

Maybe this will just all become a passing "fad".

Did like a "heads up display" in a cockpit but glad I didn't have to reach forward from the seat to touch the window.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Cortisone shots don't fix it; they just give temporary relief...sometimes. I've been dealing with adhesive capsulitis in both shoulders and hips for the paast four years.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten

Uhh, tablets have the same type screen. My iPad's show the finger prints when you hold it at some angles. When viewing straight on never a problem, nor is it when you look at those same angles. You never notice them unless the iPad is OFF. Got the 'smart covers' for both iPad's and they are 'cleaners' too, but you can see 'lines' where the folds are.

I guess you've never seen my monitor either? On occasion I've been known to touch it, my wife doesn't like me near her monitor, she says she can see where I've touched it when I show her where to click... but she's never complained about the iPad.

I wouldn't worry about the finger prints. Kiosks have been around for a long time and they are usually touch. Screen material is made for that and it doesn't interfere. However, when off, you can see the finger smudging.

Granted, touching a tablet or phone which you can/do hold close and generally below your eyes can be quite different from touching where a monitor usually is placed. Maybe all one needs is a desk that holds the monitor in a different place, say sunk into the desk at an angle and you look down at it?

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

Imagine trying to attach a screen protector to it - I had enough of a problem on my phone!!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.