The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Laptop Problem

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by onlyongabonga
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1109 times

onlyongabonga

I have a Acer Aspire 5100 series type of laptop and its keyboard and mouse is not working. When you start laptop the Windows Vista home edition loads up properly but keyboard and mouse doesnt work. I tried to connect a USB Keyboard and mouse that doesnt work too. I also tried to get into bios but due to no response from keyboard I cannot able to go into it. I also opened the laptop and see is there is any loose connection that also doenst work. So is there is anyone who can let me know the solution and provide me the manual of the said laptop.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Can you get into Device Manager and check to see if it is a driver problem?

Posted 5 years ago

onlyongabonga

Until and unless I can able to use Keyboard or mouse I cannot go into Device Manager

Posted 5 years ago

LH

OK. First try this
Switch computer off. Unplug everything, take the battery out, and leave the computer for an hour.
Put battery back in and reboot.
Does this bring anything back ?

Posted 5 years ago

onlyongabonga

Ok as per your suggestion I took off the battery for an hour an tried again but no progress problem stays there. Let me know what else can be done?

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Next step is to try a system installation disk. Any one will do, as you don't actually want to install anything, but just see if you can use the mouse or keyboard, on any of the options/navigation that are given before installation commences.

Posted 5 years ago

onlyongabonga

I tried to use the recovery CDs and it still doenst wrk. Infact when I put the recovery CD it require to press ALT-F10 to run this CD. As the Keyboard is not working at all. At this point what needs to be done to fix it.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

No, you need a disk that boots up and loads everything needed to run the system anew. So an installation disk would do that, but I don't think a restore disk does.
Or maybe try a Linux Live CD.

Posted 5 years ago

tan2x

Oh that board-and-pad freezing bug of Vista! It also happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I turned on my laptop and cannot type my password using a keyboard because it doesn't work. The only thing I did is to restart...

Posted 5 years ago

onlyongabonga

If its a vista issue the keyboard will not be working on vista only but in my case its not working even when you press F2 to get into bios.

So Mr. LH can you tell me what do you mean by Linux LiveCD?

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Here is the info on that.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-computer/

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.