Laptop Overheating after Win 7 Install

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Colshy
  • Latest reply from Colshy
  • Topic Viewed 1973 times

Colshy
Colshy

Howdy folks,

I know how much you all like a quandry, so here's one for you. My laptop, details below...

Here...

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, and so far as I can see, should be able to run it hunky dory. I've previously upgraded to 4GB of RAM too, so I can't see the problem. After abour a half hour or so, the lappy overheats and shuts down. No warnings, just 'Thank you and goodnight'. Doesn't do it with Vista or XP, so I'm guessing I'm missing something with Win 7. Could it be a driver I'm missing? BIOS? I'm at a loss. I might cry, come to mention it.

Any help would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Col

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

ive heard and read of similar problems, whats suggested by most sites is a BIOS update.

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

The overheating could be related to this article from HP: http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/

Posted 4 years ago

Colshy
Colshy

Thanks for getting back to me. Where would I find such a thing? I can't seem to. As for the battery, I've already had a look and mine wasn't affected. Good shout nonetheless. It's definitely Windows 7 that's doing it right enough, XP and Vista were fine. I've since gone back to XP and it's fine again.

Cheers,

Col

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Active / Passive Cooling feature needs to be setup in Power Plan.
---
MUCH, MUCH Setup involved with Win7.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

Colshy
Colshy

Sounds like it. Thanks for the input. I'm going to have a serious read up about this before I do anything more. I'm determined to have this fixed though!

Col

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.