The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Laptop DVD Drive problem

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Comnenus
  • Latest reply from Comnenus
  • Topic Viewed 972 times

Comnenus

Hi, I'm having a problem with the DVD drive on a Fujitsu Amilo Li 2727. Basically it has fell out, i can push it back in and get it to recognise it occasionly but it is very patchy. For a long time prior to it actually coming out the computer had difficulties recognising the drive, sometimes it would detect it and sometimes it wouldn't. Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this out, thanks a lot.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Hi Comnenus. It should have screws holding it in. Has the laptop been taken apart before ?

Posted 5 years ago

Comnenus

Nope, the laptop has never been taken apart since I bought it. It just literally slid out one day. I have had problems with the drive since purchase but before it actually came out so I guess it could have been poorly assembled.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Is it still under guarantee ?

Posted 5 years ago

Comnenus

I'm afraid not. Somewhat foolishly, I didn't bother to sort the issue out and it was only a short guarantee. I generally only use the machine as for some light word processing and internet and use a desktop for everything else so I never particularly gave it much thought.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

I don't know that particular model, but, if you turn it upside, and see if there any screws missing.
If not, then the machine would have to be opened.
Some laptops have a clip in CD/DVD driver. I don't know if yours does. If yes, the plastic clip could be broken.
I'll try and find a service manual.

Posted 5 years ago

Comnenus

I've checked the laptop and their don't appear to be any screws missing from the bottom of the laptop from what I can see.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.