(Solved) - Laptop "blacking out" screen issues in Windows 7 Home Premium

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by krsn89
  • Latest reply from DarrellRaines
  • Topic Viewed 658 times

krsn89
krsn89

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an HP laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. I noticed that sometimes when I try to turn the computer back on from Sleep mode, the screen on my laptop does not "turn on" at all, even when I turn my computer on. Also, even if the screen is off, if I type in my password (to login to my account), I can hear the noise Windows makes when you log in, so I know that it's on.

Is this common? Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: This is 64-bit operating system.

Thanks in advance! :)

Posted 4 years ago

BlackBear

You might want to make sure that no external displays' cable is inserted into the plug.

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

The same issue existed in Vista too were the display will remain black but the computer will be on after sleep. There is no known fix to get this resolved and even Microsoft does offer any permanent fix and their hotfix never worked in most of the computers.

I too had this issue with my dual boot computer with Ubuntu. The computer worked fine in Ubuntu but sometimes it fails in Vista. All I did was updated the BIOS, uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers and then updated it to the latest version also installed the latest chipset drivers.

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

DarrellRaines

Disable Hibernation. Other than that there is no fix for it.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.