The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

language support does strange things

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dmerkle
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 554 times

dmerkle

I bought a netbook to bring to a friend in Nicaragua. It had ubuntu 10.4 and I managed to get it to upgrade to 12.04.lts. After I added some programs and got a feel for the unity and zbubtu which I downloaded systems, I changed the language and the text box to Spanish. It seemed towork fine, but then later I tried to change it back to English. Some of the items changed but some stayed in English. I did it again and found that when I click on the language support it brings up two complete lists, one works while the other goes into the background and they are independent of each other. I tried making changes several times, inclluding in the user profiles and sometimes I get Spanish in one part and English in others. For example the icons will be in English but the Libre Office screen will be in Spanish. It seems to change each time I boot. Does this mean somehow my Language support program is installed twice or what?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Not too familiar with this but, what program did you use for the language support?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!