How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Klipsch - ProMedia 2.1 Speaker System

(44 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jmeeks49
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 1663 times

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

As i have said previously Monday is my birthday so my Bose went out on my dell so i decided to pick up the above. My wife has a pair of them and i have to admit they sound better than my Bose did. i just want to hear reviews from friends here any thoughts? Here is the link to them. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kl.....Id=9382232

John

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

They look nice :) Seriously, I wouldn't know. I have to use a headset (Sennheiser) for my audio experience.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Hi John, I have that exact speaker system on my wifes W7 machine. Had them for about a year now. Excellent system for the price only fault I have with it is it doesn't have an on/off switch on it. So we just leave them on all the time with the volume turned down until needed. I recommend highly except for that.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Warlock,

yeah i have been reading reviews on them, some say that they will over heat if not ventilated right for the sub. My theory on that is if a sound company like Klipsch which is highly rated and didn't know what they was building or selling they wouldn't have the high reputation like they do now and besides it comes down to common sense. Like with any electronics you have to keep them cool.

John

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Subwoofer is on a lower shelf of an end table near the computer cabinet. Tried various places for it. Has enough wiring so you can put it several feet away if desired. Has to go near floor level though as recommended in the instructions or it takes the other sound over. Had no heat problems or any other problems at all with the system.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

good i can't wait. can you email me? that way i have your email contact my email address is in my profile..

John

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/profile/jmeeks49 No contact here.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Joe, have sent you John's email address

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Hi John. I also have the Klipsch - ProMedia 2.1 Speaker System. I bought mine in 2003 and it has worked perfectly with nary a problem. Fantastic sounding speaker system. Can only run the subwoofer at 15-25% otherwise it will literally rattle the windows at 50-75% volume. Yeee Haaa! LOL

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

thanks mike,

jim, do you have homeowners insurance? if you do, break them it will cover them LOL LOL

john

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Yep. LOL

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Well hell man bust some glass LOL LOL

John

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

HAHAHAHA!! I don't think the management would like that cuz they had new windows installed in the whole building in the spring of 2011. :)
My neighbors would probably string me up from the nearest tree too. LOL

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

true..

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

@Vistamike, Okay thanks.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

@John, sent you an email. Only check mine maybe twice a week so if it takes me awhile to get back to you don't be surprised. LOL

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Joe,

That's fine i will just have to get you to break that habit. LOL

John

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Well,

a update on the above, OMG!!!!!!!!!!! i am in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are truly studio speakers i am very VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my ears are in heaven! i put my iron man 2 DVD in and WOW!!!!!! what separation and surround sound!!!! might have to send my wife out on errands tomorrow just to crank it up.

@Jim, i have my sub set at 10% and my volume at 41% that's how much amperage it's putting out and the floor shakes under my wheelchair!!! my god!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Bose never put out that much until i had them up to 65% and even then they sounded muffled. Guys, uh humm!!! i might take a couple of days off from the Accessibility forum if you don't mind i want to play!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

John

Posted 2 years ago

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

jmeeks49, When those speakers came out, Klipsch had a promotion, and I bought 2 systems for the price of 1, I had 4.2 surround sound on my computer since :) Recently, one of the subwoofers went out and I replaced them with a Bose, moving the remaining Klipsch setup to an older computer. +1 for the Klipsch.

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

@John - Fantastic!! Is this a pretty good representation of the look on your face when you fired up your new speakers?

LOL
Jim

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.