How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Kingston pendrive not recognised.

(13 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Niks
  • Latest reply from Hatryst
  • Topic Viewed 1437 times

Niks
Niks

When i connect my 4GB Kingston pen drive to my laptop, it shows an error that USB device not recognised. I don't know what the problem is. When i see in device manager, i see a yellow exclaimatory sign. When i check the properties, it shows an error code 43. How to deal with it?

Posted 4 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hey Niks, look what i've got for u...

Check it out

But its not the solution :D if you find the solution to this problem, it would be helpful to me as well !
(I still have that useless USB with me !)

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

hi Niks, what make & model number of laptop are you trying this on. Not sure but some of the newer flash drives USB2.0 are not backware compatible to USB1.0.

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

Aguro
Aguro

same happened to mine but i updated the drivers (device manager) and it worked fine
btw does it appear when you type diskmgmt.msc in run?

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

G-x, i'm trying it on USB 2.0 itself. Even i've tried it on a different laptop, but the same problem comes up...:(

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

niks, click on this link it takes yo to Kingston and they have several FAQ about problems with their drives

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

@Aguro
It is not there in diskmgmt.msc. Any other ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

Aguro
Aguro

other usbs work on this system?
does that contain any data? if not then try formatting (if cant format normally then try it from windows cd or um i think theres some hp tool which works very well in it.)

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

Other USB works fine on my system. Yes, actually the pen drive contains precious data thats why i'm much bothered 'bout it...
I can't format it since it's not recognized... :(

Posted 4 years ago

Aguro
Aguro

can you see it before your system boots?

can you somehow allocate or reallocate drive letter? its somewhere around populateting the disk,if you can do this then data can easily be retrieved

is it enabled? sometimes it can be also be disabled (happens a lot with my phone)i have to enable it from device manager

i know a NOT RECOMMENDED WAY (just in extreme case and it worked for me)
i had some files of flash drive then i formatted it and then i used photorec and recovered ALL the data.

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

Before you format your pen drive click on the link above and read about your Kingston drive.

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

Thanks all for your precious posts, but i think the pendrive cannot be repaired. It seems there is some hardware fault or something. Thanks all.

Regards,
Nikhil.

Posted 4 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Nikhil, you said that it contains precious data, so you may try it using it on any other PC to get your data... But as far as the pen drive is concerned, you might consider replacing it. I still have my kingston drive (having the same problem as yours), it works on another laptop (DELL C660), but not on mine (DELL C610).

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!