How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

kernel panic screen on macmini 80 gb with snow leopard 10.6.8

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by geordiejohn
  • Latest reply from RacerMaster
  • Topic Viewed 1480 times

geordiejohn
geordiejohn

hello i did a system restore from my installation dvd and when the system restarted i had a screen showing a kernel panic and telling me to restart my system but when i do i get the same screen,i have tried putting the installation dvd back in but all i get is the kernel screen,some one said do a safe boot but i have got a windows keyboard and i do not know how to do it,any ideas please on how to re-install or most of all get rid of the kernel panic screen as i can not use the mac?
thank you.

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Here's how to go to safe mode: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455
Just wondering, why did you do the system restore?

Posted 2 years ago

RacerMaster
RacerMaster

Turn on the Mac. Press and hold the Shift key when your hear the startup chime. This should load OS X in safe mode. If it still kernel panics, try verbose mode. As soon as you see the display turn on, press and hold the Command (which I believe is Alt on a Windows keyboard) and V keys on the keyboard. If everything works as expected, it should start displaying lines of text on your screen. This is verbose mode, which shows what is going on as the system is booting. If it stops, take a picture and post it here. And if you want to boot from your OS X Install DVD, press and hold the Option (which I think is Control) until you see a boot device screen. Use your arrow keys to move over to your Install DVD, then hit enter.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.