The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 Program

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Clarence
  • Latest reply from afuhnk
  • Topic Viewed 424 times

Clarence

I am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 program, which will expire in January, 2014. I can download Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 Program free. Does Kaspersky Anti-virus 2013 have any changes over 2012? Should I download 2013?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Normally one would want to keep up with the latest updates and program releases for their chosen anti-virus system.

Posted 2 years ago

G41M

There's very small visible difference between the two editions. However, the new Automatic Exploit Prevention and Safe Money components were added to 2013 version. Read more on this.

If it is "free" as you stated, go for the 2013 edition and benefit from the added feature.

Posted 2 years ago

iamcoming

It seems that all people like the latest version.I noticed that most of the users are admiring for the new version in the forums.As you want,you can upgrade it!

Edit: removed a promotional link to an AV that is not the subject here. -- GMod

Posted 2 years ago

silhouttejames

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 brings you the essential antivirus technologies that your PC needs – in a product that’s easy to download, install and run. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 works behind-the-scenes – defending you and your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, rootkits and other threats… all without significant impact on your PC’s performance.

Key Features:
Protects against all viruses
Detects new, emerging and unknown threats
Identifies suspicious websites and phishing websites
Prevents malware from exploiting vulnerabilities on your PC
Automatic download and installation features

Posted 2 years ago

afuhnk

Everyone can download and instal the 2013 trial. And if you have a 2012 key (already installed/activated and still within the year or not previously installed/activated), it will work on the 2013.
So no real reason NOT TO get the latest version.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.