How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

just an observation

(27 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by 0zSpitt
  • Latest reply from 0zSpitt
  • Topic Viewed 1645 times

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

a lot of vista posts are for simple things like settings, etc. that's 90% of what i've read. but, in the XP forums most are trying to repair a trashed system while leaving the comment "vista sucks"! just thought that was amusing...

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@0z,
Reply is posted with no comment.
(LOL) (LOL) (LOL) (LOL)
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Was laughing so much I double posted.

Posted 5 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

and "there's your sign" [lol]

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i usually just take the os for what it is and just look at the good points and some of the flaws that they can have :)

and that is a good observation lol

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@mpc,
What county in TN ??

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

@Oz, I noticed the same thing:)

Posted 5 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

@RICK, knox county in knoxville. GO VOLS!!
mike

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Mike,
Lincoln county here.
GO - Vanderbilt and Texas A&M for many reasons!!! (lol)
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

@rick,howdy neighbor.vandy looks alot better than the vols so far. nice to see another Tennessean here.hope you dont mind me using your real name.you can use mind.
mike

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Mike,
Don't mind at all.
Have noticed that as members become friends, first names are widely used.
Grew up in TX, have lived about everywhere in US and retired in TN.
Remember, when a college has a bad year, just think of it as one of those building years (lol) (lol).
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

mpc104
mpc104

@RICK, welcome to TN. building year? ok that works for me. [lol].
mike

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Oz, Your observation is correct. BUT, I would not read too much into it. Most of the Vista users that we see are probably quite new to Vista (or PC's all together) and are still wrestling with the basics. The XP crowd on the other hand are more seasoned users who can deal with simple problems - they come to us when they get stuck on more complex issues. And then you have this large group of "double booters" - but that is a very special topic. May the good lord have mercie with them.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whys,

I'm confused by your last post.
Are you ending your post using nice language for the clique "multi-booting sucks" ?? :) :)
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

No, I don't think it sucks; but they seem to encounter so many difficulties that they need all the help they can get.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

I'll tell you what really sucks.
Folks asking for help when they never ask for, never purchased, lost or just plain threw away their Restore CD Disc's and/or their Original Genuine CD Copy of MS Software. These types of irresponsible behaviors would get one dismissed fast if they worked for a company. It's analogous to seeing if (100-dollar-bills) will blend in reference to the "will it blend" off-topic postings.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Funny that you say that. I said nearly the exact same thing to the wife an hour ago. I was just sorting my CD's into those that stay here and those that have to travel. A $10 CD holder and a little bit of organization should keep all your CDs safe. And the same goes for product keys. I keep a copy of them in the same place.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i think that dual booting is only a real problem for the people who are not too computer savvy and then try to got about doing a dual boot and have most likely never even done a reformat and install before. that is where they can run into some real trouble

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

speaking of the cd organizer, when i ordered the xps it came with a really nice leather case for cd's, ear buds, papers, etc. another thing to watch out for is opening an account at newegg. i racked up my online credit card, now i'm buying stuff with my debit card.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@0z,

May (NOT) be such a good idea using a Debit Card to Your Bank Account. If the number were to be stolen, you would be responsible for every bit of debt the card thief racked up including over charges. Your total bank account could be wiped out with no legal recourse.
With a regular Credit Card, you are only responsible for I think $500 bucks or less of debt if the card number is stolen and used.
Something to think about when purchasing items on-line using a card.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!