How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL !!! LOOK BEFORE YOU LOAD! NEED HELP PLZ

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by macaw
  • Latest reply from macaw
  • Topic Viewed 7316 times

macaw

hi to all,

i posted but did not see so iam posting again, i had a problem with (PC FIX SPEED 27 X7 HELP) was a virus got it off.
then i ran JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL downloaded from BLEEP COMPUTERS! Then laptop started running crazy like error ,,,
My CROSSLOOP started being in china LOL.... its just a BAD VIRUS!!!!!!!!!! So i wonder if that BLEEPING COMPUTER site was a FAKE cause they are usually pretty good, i believe iam gonna email them ! I tried MALWAREBYTES ANT MALWARE. CCLEANER, MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS i may have to just wipe out my HDD!
HERE BELOW IS IT, I KNEW THE NAME DIDNT SEEM RIGHT :0(

ANY HELP PLZ!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 4.7.2 (03.15.2013:1)
Ran on Fri 03/22/2013 at 23:08:03.83
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Have you used JRT before ?

Did you disable your AV before running JRT ?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

macaw, before you wipe your hdd, try doing a restore to a point before you used Junkware removal tool.

Posted 1 year ago

macaw

Yes, i cant believe it did that to CROSSLOOP!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

If you got it from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.co.....oval-tool/ I would bet it did nothing adverse to your computer.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Is possible that a nasty sneaked in, they had a problem with the combofix download recently too but were very quick to rectify the problems

Posted 1 year ago

macaw

Hi ronnie

i did that when i did restore ;0(

Posted 1 year ago

macaw

Hi, Xhi

How are you, you have help with a lot of things when i cant fix, this whole site has :0)

And yes, thats where i did down loaded. the first problem i had was the ( PC FIX SPEED 27/7 HELP) WHICH WAS A VIRUS

Then i google to see what else i may run and it show this JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL on the site you gave the link to Xhi

But, why would my laptop start running crazy after that load? i wonder was i on a fake site? cause there was a post on yahoo.com then a link to BLEEPING COMPUTER? I dont know and i hate to think that i got a virus there :0(

Posted 1 year ago

macaw

Hi, Guily Spark,

No, never used before, first time! Have you?
Iam just wondering if anyone else came across this problem?

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

I've used it once before, a while back now and I made sure to disable the AV as this can cause problems according to the instructions of use, and as such never had a problem.

It could be that this PC Fix Speed...malware/PUP has done the damage and JRT removed it or elements of it causing an exhibited reload of the malware through the nearest connection on offer in this case Crossloop.

Of course this is just a guess at this stage.

Personally I would download and run DDS also from BleepCom, and see what is on the system there may be other problems.

Posted 1 year ago

macaw

k, will do thanks

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.