The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

judge gaming build

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Zerri
  • Latest reply from Hammerhead
  • Topic Viewed 506 times

Zerri

hey guys I'm not building extreme that going to cost 3-5 grand but i want to know what you guys think of what I'm going to be putting together before i buy everything.

Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache LGA 2011

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 DVI-I/HDMI/D-Sub SLI Ready Graphics Card GV

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM

Corsair Enthusiast Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Core i3, i5, i7 and platforms - TX850

ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 VN300M1W2N No PS Full Tower Case (Black)

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory... buying 2 sets total 32g

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Internal 12XReadable and DVD-Writable Drive with Lightscribe SH-B123L/BSBP

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan... for processor

thanks for any input guys, cant wait to see what you say. Fairly new to pc building seeing how I've only now been able to come by the money.

i forgot to mention the games i normally play are World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Looking into Guild Wars 2, and dabled some into Rift and SWTOR but current pc sucks to bad to play with good graphics.

Posted 1 year ago

Hammerhead

I would keep the caviar but definitely add a ssd drive for your OS and go to http://www.overclock.net/t/113.....king-guide for some info on how to set it up for best performance. It makes a huge difference in performance.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.