Jigsaw rectangle program for countries

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by The Geek
  • Latest reply from syn
  • Topic Viewed 1561 times

The Geek

[editor's note: copied from comment on main article]

Hi,

There are a lot of jigsaw programs out there, but none of them (as far as I know) allow you to
design the pieces as rectangles.

Why? you might ask.

Well, for instance if you have a picture (say jpeg) of countries and their capitals and the program cuts
this picture into rectangles - you have a ready-made drag and drop quiz.

As each rectangle (country) is matched with its matching rectangle (capital) then the two rectangles merge as one . . and this continues for the remaining countries until the picture is complete.

The BIG ADVANTAGE of this is that ANY PICTURE of lists or pictures can be used to aid learning.

The only problem that I can see, is that you need to indicate to the program how large each rectangle must be ( as you can have any number of fonts for your lists or picture sizes).

I hope you can give this idea some consideration and almost certainly suggest your own improvements.

I do feel that this program would be incredibly helpful, especially for children.

Best regards.

Posted 7 years ago

syn

I just read your post and found a program called Jigs@w Puzzle 2

it can be found at. http://www.tibosoftware.com/
i have not tried the program but it does states that you can create you own puzzle pieces by using the mouse.

hope this helped.

Posted 7 years ago

michael

It would be cool if this software was free.

--
Mike

Posted 7 years ago

syn

I am currently trying to build one from C and python so i will give you a heads up in about a month with the results.

P.S if anyone knows any c programing i would appreciate the help

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.