(Solved) - Java and Blutooth driver

(23 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Drizzle
  • Latest reply from Drizzle
  • Topic Viewed 4520 times

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi all
Have installed and downloaded Java and Bluetooth among others on new laptop.
They both work and show installed but everytime I restart I get a pop up listing Java bits and then i get notification that windows needs to installl the blue tooth.I do it each time and each time it tells me it is succesful but stil comes back on then next startup.
How do I stop them from reappearing??????
Any help will be appreciated and LH certainly no offence meant on last post, trouble with the written word you cannot see persons facial or tone, was tongue in cheek.doh!!
Take care all.
Kate.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Hi Kate. Please can you "bump" your threads, and not start a new one on the same topic.
No offence taken.

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Oops! how do I 'Bump' please.thought I was in wrong place
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

If you don't have any response after a few days, then add another post yourself, either with more info, or the word "bump".
This will bring it to the front again for a while.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Are you installing them whilst FF is Sandboxed ?

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Thanks LH, No ,I am on the new computer and have only put WOT on not got around to Sandbox, and I remembered what you told me to only use it when needed.So will wait till I get everything set up before downloading that again.
I have run CC cleaner and done Bullguard and Malware scans all clear.
Am rechecking all the updates to see if I can see anything.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Please can you posts links to the Java and Bluetooth downloads. (Where you got 'em from :)

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

ERM!!!! Me thinks!!!! Java was from FF mozilla and the blue tooth was from the link within the computer i.e(as this is touch lights) I pressed the Bluetooth symbol across the top and it took me to a link to down load.
Are you thinking maybe I should uninstall them and reinstall??? If so will they show up on Revo??? to do the uninstall???
Will come back tomorrow.
Thanks as always.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Java should be OK. The Bluetooth will be a driver. Do you have Bluetooth device ?

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi Sorry for delay but the icy, white stuff from thw sky needed attending.Brr!!!!!
It says under driver- windows\system32\driver\en-US
But when I click the icon showing in the Task?(Bottom tray).I click show devises. it says 0 devises and
Blue tooth properties show
microsoft bluetoothenumerator
broadcom 2045 bluetooth 2.0+EDR US

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

What model of Aspire is it you have ?

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Aspire 6930G

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

What are you plugging into your USB ports ?

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hiya
Nothing plugged in as this computa just needs you to press the bluetooth symbol which then lights up and says bluetooth disabled or bluetooth enabled, when I have the enabled it then says found new hardware , then it says neeeds to install driver software for your Blue tooth periperal device
So I click locate and install driver software(recommended).
Then says successful.and the bluetooth symbol is on the bottom tray(taskbar?)

Another addition to that is that I tried to connect the Nokia mobile phone for photos(Which is about 4 yaers old) but works on old computer with a dongle.
It gets to Nokia download 5/6 and says no Bluetooth.
Also when I click the bluetooth symbol the box then says no bluetooth devises.

Very strange.
Thanks as always for your continued support.
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

PS>>>>
Have just been fiddling, went into Start>Control>System>Devices.
Did some clicking whenever I saw Bluetooth then clciked on its divces and clicked find update, this has shown some sound was not working but is now AND the devices say thry are all working properly.
Have managed to get the mobile connected after I did this fiddle.
So will let you know tomorrow if any better luck with the"need to install periperal driver"
As always my grateful thanks for liasing.
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Yes please let me know. I get confusing reports as to that driver you mentioned. Can't figure it out.

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi LH
Well! Granny seems to have resolved the issue,whoopee.
So for anyone with a future similar probs,it looks as though its the sound and video drivers, as even though it says all working I clicked on find updates.

When I first did a reboot(is that correct term for when I restart?)
The box 'Need Ito enable bluetooth sound appeared ' so let it .

Fingers and toes crossed nothing appeared this morning other than the Java console pop up list,but that I can live with and just close it

As always Thank you for help.
A very chilly, iced in Kate.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Good for you :)
I am guessing that the broadcom 2045 bluetooth 2.0+EDR US, has something to do with the Nokia phone.

I vaguely recall that there is an option to not show the Java console. In Java options maybe.

Posted 4 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Hi LH
The broadcom was there before I started to download Nokia, it seemed to be the audios that were the problems.But maybe we will never fully now the answer, as me not being a tekkie, cannot fully explain what I did .Doh!!!!!

Java, the pop up gives a list of letters you can press do things q.being to close console but it only does it for that one time, but as I say I can live with it.If I find an answer I will let you know.
Take care
Kate

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

It's not in the pop-ups, as I recall, but Java Console itself (FF tools menu I think).

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.