SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

Jailbreaking Kindle instructions didn't work. Now what?

(7 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Moonglade8
  • Latest reply from dograt
  • Topic Viewed 1741 times

Moonglade8

I carefully followed your instructions to jailbreak my kindle so I could add my own screen savers. I did everything just as you outlined. But it didn't work.

Now what?

I see other jailbreaks out there, but you were the folks that were recommended to me and it seems that you know what you are doing and are careful in your instructions. I don't want to break my kindle, but I sure would like to have different screen savers on it too.

I have a Kindle Keyboard 3G & WiFi 3.3.

Any help you can give me would be deeply appreciated.

Posted 3 years ago

dograt

I'm in the same boat with a Wi-Fi only Kindle 3.3. The K3W_install.bin file updates OK but when I try the K3W_install.bin file it fails to update. Anybody got any clues?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

dograt, would you kindly start a new topic, it is considered rude to jump in on another topic

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

And is this the article you both refer to? http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....omization/

One thing I'd like to add; If all goes belly up you have messed your warranty, so you must take this into account when you 'jailbreak'.
If and when you return for repair, that warranty is void.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

dograt

Well, sorry. I thought it was the same topic. "And is this the article you both refer to? http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....omization/ " Yes for me.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

dograt, what is meant is that your problem is different, please don't hijack a thread. So please start a new topic. It unfair to mix a problem.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

dograt

OK. Will do.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.