The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

iTunes and iPhone will not sync

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by waylaw
  • Latest reply from jazkohli
  • Topic Viewed 4685 times

waylaw

When I connect my iphone to the computer, itunes gives a message that it cannot read the data on the iphone, and tells me to restore the iphone. It also will not let me update to version 5

Posted 2 years ago

neilmac78

Try another PC, I know each ipad/ipods/iphones can only be connected to a total of 5 different computers and beable to sync. after that i am not sure what happens , have not made it that far. Try connecting to the pc while the iphone is turned off open itunes then turn the iphone on. see if that helps

Posted 2 years ago

jazkohli

hi, if you have not got it solved, then try to restore the iPhone, as i am sure before this problem your computer must have backed up the data on your iPhone, and once its restored you can choose your existing profile (do not choose new iPhone profile) from the drop down menu, pin which there would be date and name of the phones you recently connected and synced with your iTunes. normally all your data when it was last synced would come back without any problem, the only thing you will loose is your data after it stopped syncing to your iTunes. alternatively to save that data you can first sync your profile on the iCloud. there it will back up your phone data without needing to connect to any computer, and then you can safely restore your phone, and follow the basic steps to restore your newly restored and updated phone to your previous profile and data.

hope this helps.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.