How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Iso image

(11 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Azazeel
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1434 times

Azazeel
Azazeel

Hello! folks i wanted to know dat is dere any way to burn an image to de dvd and make it bootable using win7 native tools? wid out third party help?
i mean if i have an iso image of an os say Xp and i wanted to make it bootable usin win7, wat shuld i do?
if dere are some good third party software please do tell. exept for nero cuz it has a lots of blotware, i need light and powerfull yet fully compatible tool for win7 build 7600 x64. thanx in advance!!!

Posted 4 years ago

mfletch
mfletch

Active iso burner is what I use but on Vista

http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

Posted 4 years ago

Azazeel
Azazeel

hmmm... will check it out ,thnx for da response

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56
baldeguy56

Azazeel, hi. Looking into your question has led me to this New to Win7, I wasn't aware of this feature. Guess I should be thanking you for your question. I haven't tried that Win7 feature, but will. Did find in my search many free ISO programs, but with the Win7 find and the fact that I'm not familiar with any of those programs, I was reluctant at giving you any the shortcuts. If for some reason the Win7 feature doesn't work out for you, please put a Google search on for "ISO burner compatible with Win7". You'll get many hits as I did. Good Luck...Garry
P.S. I'm sorry but meant to post this in another place. Can't seem to fix it, so I do apologize, but possibly still should be of some use for you...Garry

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Azazeel, as Garry has found out, there is a Windows Disc Image Burner tool built in to Windows 7. By default, it handles .iso and .img files. I have used this tool and it works fine. It's a very simple interface, but that's all that is really needed to just burn an image.

In the example you gave, you said suppose that you have an ISO image for XP and you want to make it bootable. The data in an ISO image is written to the disc in it's entirety, so there is nothing to be done to *make* it bootable. Many bootable discs are distributed as ISO files because once written to disc, they are ready to boot. If you should need to open an ISO file, you can use a program such as Virtual CloneDrive.

And, when you outgrow the burning tool in Windows 7, CDBurnerXP is a very small freeware with lots of features. At 3 MB for the installer, it is certainly not bloatware.

Posted 4 years ago

Azazeel
Azazeel

thanks very much for the help! Scottw..

Posted 4 years ago

Azazeel
Azazeel

And sorry for the double post i accidently did that so sorry fellows...

Posted 4 years ago

Azazeel
Azazeel

hello folks am glad to announce that windows 7 has its own image burning tool!! i used it to burn my image and made it bootable, simle,easy and fast case solved!! thanks every body..!!

Posted 4 years ago

arsh

dear just use the alcohol 120%

Posted 4 years ago

arsh

my task manager is corrupted
when i press the key CTRL-ALT-DEL
a small box comes on the desktop screen and
have only the red close sign and a ok link
thats it.how can i repair my task manager
i have tried every thing
avg internet security,ess 4.0.437.0,RRT but nothing works

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

arsh hi. Please start a New Topic with your problem.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!