SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Is there is a way to increase and decrease the disk space in wine?

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gregoryshock125
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 898 times

gregoryshock125

I am new to using wine. I tried to install the G2 Real Flight Simulator. I was surprised at how easy everything was going. But then came the time for it to copy some files from the CD to the hard drive. It failed and claimed that this could be due to not having enough disk space. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase and decrease the disk space in wine?

Posted 1 year ago

whs

I would use Gparted

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125

I've been talking to people on Linuxforums and Ubuntuforums, and it seems that I don't need to change my partition but I need to change my wine from 64 to 32. I don't know if this will fix my install or not. But my current problem is I don't know how to change the wine configuration from 64 to 32. Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

I don't use it but maybe read this. Not suggesting you use it just read it.

http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125

As a small test, I installed Format Factory into Wine 64. I left Wine set to Windows XP. Format Factory installed. It managed to convert a file from Mp4 to AVI before it crashed. I don't really plan on using format factory under Linux.

@ warlock. I read the link, but I'm still in my terminal command line infancy. In other words I have almost no clue what all those commands mean. I understand what mkdir is. But that is as far as it goes with me.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

I don't game did you look into whs suggestion?

Posted 1 year ago

gregoryshock125

@warlock at this point I don't think the partitions need to be changed. See this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showth.....st12544750

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@greg, You could be right I don't know. But you don't know either so whs suggestion might be something to consider. If you hang around a bit sure you will get more suggestions, have some patience.

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Greg, Use this live Gparted CD because from withing Linux you cannot manipulate the system partition when it is mounted (btw, same in Windows).

And follow the recommendation and make an image of the partition before you manipulate it.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.