SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Is there any way of getting a lost product key?

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by madmacs
  • Latest reply from madmacs
  • Topic Viewed 833 times

madmacs

Hi all, so here´s my problem. I purchased a DVB-T USB stick about a year ago from MSI called DIGI VOX mini II V3.0. I moved house three months ago and have all my cd/dvd in cd storage cases. When opening the box that the DVB-T stick came in I noticed that I had misplaced the original paper cd cover that installations cd came in. Unfortuantely the key was written on the paper sleeve so I can basically throw the whole thing in the bin!!! Is there a way of finding out the key from inside the CD? Thx in advance, Matt.

P.S. This is legal, i can upload pictures of the instalations CD, USB stick and package if required!!!

Posted 5 years ago

bcolin

i want the same but from a C:/ drive :(

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

May work - Don't know.
http://www.skaro.net/cd-keyreader/index.html
Also Google "Keyfinder" without quotes.
These type of programs show up as (false positives) in many AVs.
No worry.

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs

Thx for your input raphoenix, my problem is that after doing a fresh install from Ultimate x86 to x64 I don´t actually have the program on my computer anymore!! I can´t install it because I don´t have a key, lol.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

Matt, you should contact MSI and see if they can help. Since this package is a combination of hardware and software, the software is of no use to someone without the USB receiver. What good is the software key to someone who doesn't have the USB device?

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs

Scott, thx I´ll give that a try, maybe they can sort something out if I give them the serial number from the DVB-T adapter

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.