SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Is there a way to fix a "lens error"?

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by JamesTKirk
  • Latest reply from JamesTKirk
  • Topic Viewed 592 times

JamesTKirk
JamesTKirk

Hello People,

I have a digital camera. It is only several months old and has barely been used.
I just got a "lens error"

I turn the camera on, it says, "lens error", and then turns off by itself.
No inputs will work, by pressing buttons. The only button that seems to accept input is the power button.

The lens won't go back in and is stuck in the out postion.
During proper normal function when it was working, the lens would pop out when the camera was turned on, and pop back in when it was turned off.

Posted 1 year ago

minigeek
minigeek

If I were you, I would attempt to get it repaired/replaced at the place you bought it from. As it's only a few months old, it should be covered.

This sounds like a hardware error, and most likely not fixable easily unless you have the correct tools and know-how :(
Good Luck!

If anyone else has had experience with this problem, I would be interested to find how you solved it!

MiniGeek

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Is It Nikon, Did you crush the Lens

Posted 1 year ago

Kelen
Kelen

Lens error is usually the failing of the mechanic parts in the lens or they are just being unresponsive. The Fix is having it serviced.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

I've had it happen on my Canon... Removing the battery helped, and it eventually died anyway. Worth a try though.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Superevil
Superevil

I get at least 2-3 calls about this a day. Pretty much the only thing you can do is get it serviced. If you have any of these brands you can fill out the repair form and they'll email you with instructions onhow to send it in. You'll need a copy of the receipt too. Nikon Repair Form, FujiFilm Repair Form, Canon Repair Form

Posted 1 year ago

JamesTKirk
JamesTKirk

It is a Vivitar
ViviCAM T324N
Optical 3X Zoom Lens

I didn't crush the lens.

I have removed the AAA batteries several times.

Posted 1 year ago

Superevil
Superevil

You should just call Vivitar, there's nothing you're gonna be able to do to fix it. If you take it to a local shop they're going to charge you for the repair. If it's in warranty let Vivitar handle it. If you're in the US their number is 1-800-592-9541

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

JamesTKirk
JamesTKirk

Superevil,

I really appreciate you finding the number.

Guess this is probably the only thing that you can do.

Hardware is always such a delicate issue.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!