SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

(Solved) - Is there a download link for VirtualBox that supports resume?

(9 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by algotechie
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 2032 times

algotechie
algotechie

Hi All

I wanna download Sun's VirtualBox but cannot download it due to the very slow internet connection that I have right now. My connection is through a mobile phone attached to the computer. The mobile's battery goes down (from full to empty) when the download is near about 35% complete. I've previously downloaded many a file larger in size than the VirtualBox exe file (about 60 - 70 MB) by pausing the downloads, recharging the mobile, and then resuming the downloads again. But this is not the case with VirtualBox. For some stupid reason, they introduce a new random string into the download link each time the download is started. So the resumption fails and the download link becomes invalid once it's paused.

Is there any other site that has the latest version of the VirtualBox exe file stored? I checked some sites but they only redirect to that silly site "virtualbox.org". (On a side note, have you ever noticed how slower all the sites related to "sun.com" - including itself - are compared to the other big organizations' websites?)

OK, to make it easier, let me repeat the question in a single line: Is there a site that hosts VirtualBox's exe installation file with the support of download-pause and resume?

Thanks in advance for any helpful link.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Yep,
http://www.filehippo.com/downl.....f398be827/

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Hi LH

Thank you very much for the link. I'm in the process of download. You're always so helpful! Please clear a small doubt - Is the file safe and free from malware? I mean, are the software uploaded on "filehippo.com" checked for virus-infection or other threats?

Once again, thanks a lot for your help!

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Filehippo is the safest, of the safest. So no worries :)

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

OK got! :)

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Good oh :)

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

Filehippo is all I ever use. Those guys must be monks in a monastory. I never had any problems. Way back it was taybay who gave me the link.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

whs, you sure it was taybay ?

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

100%

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!