SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Is my computer running as good as it should be?

(9 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Tweedz
  • Latest reply from Tweedz
  • Topic Viewed 1335 times

Tweedz
Tweedz

Well the last few days I've done alot of cleaning up in my computer and cleaned up alot of disk space. Now I was wondering how you can tell if your computer runs as smooth as it is capable of doing also is there any programs that makes this task easier as in cleaning your registry or maybe giving your computer some extra boost?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Some nice tips today from HTG member Ed Bott,

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Ed Bott is awesome, his blog is a must-subscribe.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

It's always a good idea to run this
http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
both the general clean and the registry clean

Posted 6 years ago

Tweedz
Tweedz

Sweet thanks again guys very nice blog I will def have to suscribe to that but dealing with vista sp1 is a whole new day. When I use that program you sent me Lighthouse do I want to analyze first then run clean up or will I be ok with running clean up right from the get go?

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

You will be given a prompt to back up your registry changes before it makes the changes so if anything breaks you can put them back.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

It is a very safe program. But as with everything. Check until you you understand it all

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

It's a very good application... but keep in mind that the default options will clear out all your cookies, etc. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just know that you'll lose your automatic login to websites (such as this one) if you clear out the cookies.

Posted 6 years ago

Tweedz
Tweedz

Sounds good to me i'm more of a cracker guy anyways :P cookies are too sweet har har, don't mind me I haven't slept yet.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.