SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Is Microsoft Office 2013 a real upgrade from 2010?

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Elf
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 579 times

Elf
Elf

I have the option to upgrade for a nominal fee to Office 2013 but I have not really heard any substantial or dramatic changes that could make me upgrade. What do you think about it? Is it worth upgrading it?

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

I would stick with 2010. The only feature I have seen with 2013 that makes me interested AT ALL is the ability to sync with Skydrive directly from the Office Suite.

But if you have the Skydrive desktop program downloaded you can do the same thing, just a few extra steps :)

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Elf
Elf

Skydrive is not something that I really care about anyway. Your comment makes me realize that saying, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?!" Thanks a lot!

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

There are some new features that I haven't paid any attention to, mainly because I don't have the money to upgrade to 2013 and I'm perfectly happy with 2010.

Do some research on your own comparing the two versions, you may find a few features that could make the upgrade worth it.

That is a good saying!

Posted 1 year ago

Elf
Elf

Thanks again!!!

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

2013 is a downgrade finacially. Once can get a family pack (three installations on a single license) in 2010 Home and Student for the same price, or less, as 2013 which allows only one installation per license. Essemtially, 2013 costs at least three times what 2010 does.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!