How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Ipod Touch Help

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jjomalle
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 1420 times

jjomalle
jjomalle

First, I want to say that I recognize that Apple has a discussion community which is supposed to be able to help with problems. That is my first problem which I can't seem to find an answer to on their website, then I will ask the real question I came here about. First, with regard to the website, when I try to log in I get some error code 13, does anyone know what that means?

Now to the touch, so I just got my first ipod touch and when I connect it to the computer the computer wants to load the newest iOS. Which is something that I want, but every time I try to load it I get this message, "Itunes was unable to load provider data from Sync Services". Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? I get the software downloaded (or so it seems) and then when it is supposed to start uploading to the device is when the message occurs. Any help would be great, thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hi. This may help:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2690

Posted 2 years ago

jjomalle
jjomalle

Thanks Hatryst, that worked. Now, just wondering if you know, the answer was for me to pause Kaspersky. Any ideas why and how to avoid this in the future?

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Well, you might need to add an exclusion to Kaspersky.... Kaspersky is very sensitive, it even tracks the simplest of the services. So you might need to add some exclusion rule for a particular service required for the purpose.
Or you can just carry on with the "pause-sync" thing. Once you pause Kaspersky, the good thing about it is that it automatically restarts real-time protection. SO you can pause it for like, 10 minutes, do your iTunes stuff, and be assured that Kaspersky will resume itself. No worries.

Posted 2 years ago

TelishaThomas89

So ive had my ipod touch 8gb for over a year n in the last month or two ive downloaded a few more apps and everytime I use them they close down on me randomly I don't know what to do I wanna throw it at the wall sometimes PLEASE help!

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

TelishaThomas89, hi. Could you post as a new topic please.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!