How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

(Solved) - IPOD docking station stuck!

(11 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Carmen80214
  • Latest reply from Carmen80214
  • Topic Viewed 1965 times

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

I received a TEAC slim docking station for Christmas and my IPOD freezes or stops working when trying to play music. Am I doing something wrong or did I receive a piece of junk? Thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

More info if this helps...........I have an IPOD classic 80g, the TEAC slim docking station is 60ix. Help anyone.

Posted 4 years ago

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

Hmmm, this has been viewed 21x and no one is helping......do I need to give more info before I just take the unit back? I think they may have a support line as well, was just hoping to get some help from you wizards here. Oh well, take care everyone, until next time........happy geeking. :)

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Carmen, did the dock come with a driver disk & did you install it?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Carmen. Please understand. Just because a lot of members view the topic, doesn't mean they know the answer.

Posted 4 years ago

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

No driver disk included. any suggestions?

Posted 4 years ago

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

I do understand, sorry to sound frustrated. I truly appreciate everyone here. :)

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Does the iPod play properly when NOT connected to the dock?

Posted 4 years ago

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

Absolutely yes, works great. It had to be reset once before a few months ago but no problems since. Only when trying to use with this TEAC device does it freeze and only since receiving the system for Christmas.

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

I'm not entirely sure but it sounds like the dock is the culprit. Can't find much about the model by searching the net... Is there a manual with it? It could be that your iPod model isn't compatible with the dock I suppose... Sorry I can't be much help!

Maybe if you had another "known good" iPod you could test with that?

Posted 4 years ago

Carmen80214
Carmen80214

Unfortunately, not much of a manual that comes with it and it could be that the model IPOD is not compatible, although it says that it is. I appreciate your efforts! Looks like its going back to the store. Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help! Until next time. :)

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.