The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

IPOD - Connect to itunes error.

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Karthikchennai
  • Latest reply from hatryst
  • Topic Viewed 1308 times

Karthikchennai

I tried several post which recommeded to hold power button and home for 10 sec and hold the home button for 15 seconds. This didn't work for me. After first step i is asking to slide to power off. Please help to restore. I don't need any data from the IPOD.

Error in IPOD touch: Connect to itunes screen
Error when I connect to Itunes: Itunes could not connect to the IPOD's because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the IPOD before it can be used with Itunes.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hi, try this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

The following is a part of the content that could be found in the link I posted above:

Connecting the device may result in this error message: "iTunes could not connect to the [device] because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the [device] before it can be used with iTunes."

-Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
-Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
-While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
-Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button.
-iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device.

Posted 1 year ago

Karthikchennai

Sorry, this solution also didn't work. Any other suggestion...

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Did not work? What happened when you followed these steps? It should work, you're probably doing something wrong. It is the standard way to put an iPod into restore mode. Try again.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!