The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Ip address change

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by dirty88dirtbiker
  • Latest reply from dirty88dirtbiker
  • Topic Viewed 2353 times

dirty88dirtbiker

I have the game Rumble fighters and it stopped working saying that it can't receive the file index from the server. well i have done everything including reinstalling the game and such and nothing has worked. Everything else works with the internet as well and RF has always worked. I contacted the company and the only advice they had to give me was.

"Thank you for contacting our support team. If you are behind a router, try setting your IP as the DMZ host or forwarding ports 7000 through 8050 to yourself (refer to your router instruction guide for help). Please contact us again if this doesnt work."

but i don't know how to do this can someone please help me and put it in laymans terms?

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

What brand and model of router do you have?

Posted 6 years ago

dirty88dirtbiker

verizon/belkin

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

what model belkin? Do you have the manual for it? It sounds like you just need to forward some ports. You could google your router's manual and it will tell you how to forward ports. Typically there is a port forwarding tab in the browser web interface. You tell it which port you want to forward and which IP address to forward it to. The Ip address is the IP address of the pc that you are playing the game on e.g. 192.168.1.5

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Here's a good how to...not sure if it will work for your model belkin since i don't know if they all have the same UI, but it should give you a good idea of what you need to do.

http://portforward.com/english.....efault.htm

Posted 6 years ago

dirty88dirtbiker

can i get an admin to remotely access my comp and fox it?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!