How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Internet Explorer Not Loading

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by garyallen349
  • Latest reply from garyallen349
  • Topic Viewed 658 times

garyallen349

Hi All

I have a repair at present on a desktop which is running Vista Home Premium. The problem is that Internet Explorer is not functioning properly, it is either taking a very long time to load pages or not loading them at all. I have tried using Google Chrome and it is running fine and loads pages quite quickly. I have tried the following actions so far:-
1. Reset IE using internet options.
2. Uninstalling using "View installed updates" in the programs and features in control panel.

Just wondering if anyone else can suggest any other solutions. As google chrome is working properly I dont think the problem is with the internet connection.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Posted 2 years ago

oldgeezer

Which version of IE is it and is it the 32bit of 64bit? By resetting it you should have removed/disabled any add-ons, but just check that they are all definitely disabled.

Posted 2 years ago

garyallen349

Hi

Before I reset it the version was IE8 and the OS is a 32bit. After uninstalling and restarting the version was IE7.

Gary

Posted 2 years ago

garyallen349

Hi All

Just a further update re this problem which is driving me mad. Still unable to resolve this issue, I have tried resetting yet again and problem still persists. I also tried installing IE8 to see if this would overwrite and repair any bad .exe files but problem still persisting. As far as I can see any addons are definitely removed/disabled. Any further ideas or fixes very welcome.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.