The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Internet Explorer Hijack Attempt box

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by clibay
  • Latest reply from Straspey
  • Topic Viewed 923 times

clibay

This week I downloaded Panda Internet Security 2013.Eversince every time I attemt to go into IE a box "Internet explorer hijack attempt" pops up and I have to tick allow.Sometimes this box pops up 2/3 times.It's driving me mad.I've contacted Panda but the Technical info they want to sort out is beyond my capabilities.Are there any other Panda users out there who have had a similar problem and solved it?If so how please?

clibay

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi clibay ,

Disable all add-ons in IE.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

clibay welcome.

What decided you on Panda?

Better would be MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials); http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....s-download

Trouble free and totally free

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

@ clibay

A quick Google search returned results of other people having the same issue as you.

I found one on the bleeping computer forum from a user who had this problem back in 2009 and found a sensible solution:

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

"My problem is fixed!!!

Panda Tech Support finally responded and figured it out to be an add-on to my IE Toolbar.

I have disabled all add ons and that stopped the error messages.

I am now going to re-enable them one by one till I find the offender and will then uninstll it through Control Panel."

This seems to go along with suggestion above by GuiltySpark, and it's a simple was to troubleshoot the problem.

Hope this helps.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Howard, thanks for taking the time troubleshoot this one

Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

Thank you Mike.

Occasionally I get very interested in some of the questions and issues posted here and enjoy looking for a solution - which may be of help to other people - as was the case in that thread from 2009 on bleeping.

I hope the OP finds this info to of help to him.

- Howard

Posted 1 year ago

clibay

Thanks to you all for your responses.In the end Someone from Panda remotely accessed my computer (with my permission) and cured it for me.It wasn't an easy fix.

clibay

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

clibay -

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved, and sorry to hear it took so much time and effort.

Thanks very much for reporting back. Your solution may prove to be helpful to others who might have a similar problem in the future.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.