SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Internet Explorer browser safe now?

(47 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Janie
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 1796 times

Janie
Janie

Thanks for all the help, everybody! Have a great day! SUNNY and GLORIOUS here in SE Lancashire!

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

By Janie - How much is that PRO paid for version of Simple Adblock for IE?

Janie, DO NOT purchase Simple Adblock Pro. It is a ripoff. Even if you pay for it, it still works just like the free version.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Jim.

I don't think it's a rip off. You don't get much extra for buying Piriform products for example but you are helping supporting them for their time and costs. It has likely taken years to acquire the skills to make these products. If I had the means I would donate to all the free apps I use.

Tony

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Sorry Tony but I disagree. I bought Simple Adblock Pro last year and it turned out to be worthless. I contacted their support and got NO reply and NO refund.
When I buy a product I expect it to do what it claims it will do.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

@ Hermitt. It's true simple Adblock Pro works just like the free version. The difference is the free version only works for the first 200 ads it finds and blocks; the Pro version doesn't limit the number of ads blocked. If someone is a light surfer, the free version could be adequate. I needed the Pro vesion and it works just fine for me.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

@LF - I understand both Simple & Pro differences.
What I'm saying is that the Pro version claimed unlimited AD blocking but stopped blocking AD's at 200 just like the Simple free version.
To me that's nothing more than SCAMware.
Bear in mind, this happened to me more than a year ago so I guess it's possible their software now does what it claims it will do.
If that's the case then I'll stop bashing their product. :)

Jim :)

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I've used Pro for well over a year (more like two or more) on both XP and Win 7 and it has worked just fine for me. There may be an incompatibility with your system, you may have downloaded the wrong version, you may have blocked a cookie, or something like that.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!