The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Internet explorer 8 cannot display the webpage

(16 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by knolls80
  • Latest reply from knolls80
  • Topic Viewed 1042 times

knolls80

Was having issues with start menu not showing did several spyware and malware scanned. Restored to an earlier day restarted computer and now I cannot access Internet explorer keep getting Internet explorer cannot display webpage. I checked LAN settings, deleted browsing history, did diagnose connection problems and it still doesn't work. Please help.

Posted 2 years ago

whs

Try the other IE.

Posted 2 years ago

knolls80

I don't have Internet access to download. I am using other computer to post

Posted 2 years ago

knolls80

Not solved

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

What does it say in Device Manager ?

Any Yellow symbols ?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

knolls80, would also help if you could tell us with what you scanned with.

The name of the apps/software

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

whs

Did you try the IE from the tile on the start menu - versus the icon in the taskbar on the desktop. And what happens ??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

@ whs,

wrong OS.

Posted 2 years ago

whs

LOL - right. I saw an '8' and got misguided. Sorry.

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99

Make sure that your computer is connected to internet
Go to Run --->cmd
and try to ping www.howtogeek.com
if u got reply , that's means your connection is OK , now make sure that your IE doesn't have a proxy server in the LAN settings.
Also in your network card properties , check if your IP is set to manual or automatic , perhaps there is no gateway defined.

Posted 2 years ago

knolls80

There are two yellow exclamations under network adapters out of 3. I also did a scanned with spybot, mbam' malware bytes and anti malware and they all found infected files that were cleaned

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

You need to go to the Manufacturers site of the Network Adapters and download the drivers. Put on to a USB stick and install them that way, is probably the easiest.

Posted 2 years ago

knolls80

There r 3 network adapter listed. One is fine and the other 2 has in it the name mcafee core ndis mini port. Not sure if I need the

Posted 2 years ago

knolls80

Not solved

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99

did you install the network drivers correctly???

Posted 2 years ago

knolls80

I called my network provider and network connection is fine ' sent/receive shows zeros. The problem is connection status shows no ip address' no subnet mask and no default gateway. I did ipconfig' ipconfig/all' and ipconfig /renew and it does no display IP address When I type ipconfig and i press enter' I get back windows ip configuration and nothing else comes up. My wireless router is working fine with my iPad. The device driver saids it's connected and working properly' but i still can't get internet connection. What should I do next. They told me to call dell for further assistance but my warranty expired.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.