How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

internet explorer 8

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by avi5758
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 1023 times

avi5758

hi ,
i can handle with that but its curious me to know ....
when try to connect to any webSite (eg. google) by typing the ip adress and port number (209.85.227.105:80) i get
"the web page cant be displayed...bla bla bla " (in fire fox it works fine) probably something in IE8 settings i didn't find...
1. i can type just the ip adress - works
2. i can type http://[ipAdress] - works
3. in fireFox it works in any kind of way
conclution : i cant connect to a site by typing just the ip adress and port number [IpAdress:port] in explorer 8
if i want to connect to ftp site (for eg. 207.46.236.102:21- not working , but ftp://207.46.236.102 - works , the same in FireFox , probably for security reason that i can change but didnt find where.... ( i know its funny question , but i curious to now... -:)
THANKS ( i use windows 7 , by the way )

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Works fine for me on IE8 (32 bit, I'm on 64 Bit Win7), but Google is at 64.233.169.104. I entered that IP Address and 64.233.169.104:80 and they both work?

Go to TOOLS ==> INTERNET OPTIONS and under SECURITY and PRIVACY see if you can change or reset them?

If you are on the 64 bit version of W7, see if you also have the problem with the 64 bit version of IE8? It worked as well for me. It is in PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER (HELP --> ABOUT will tell you which version you are running).

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!