The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Internet Browsing Problems (Question)

(11 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by dunngh
  • Latest reply from dunngh
  • Topic Viewed 569 times

dunngh

I have a horrible problem when browsing the web. Most of the images don't load (even the little ones which I found out are all over the place), most links clicked and sites loaded just give me "webpage not available" until I refresh it fifty times, and some webpages load completely wrong into a train wreck of a page. It does it on all browsers. It only does it when connected to the Wildblue service that we have. It seems to only do (or do it more) on hot and humid days. The speedtest results shown in the video are normal. It does it far worse on the mac than any other computer in the house. Actually the problem barely exists anywhere outside of the mac. I have included the link to an eight minute video belo that showcases the problem in a screencast for better troubleshooting. There are more details in the video description.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkQ74bifIz4

It's necessary to mention that I have talked to Wildblue about this multiple times and gone through the "Wildblue Optimization" process to no avail.

Posted 3 years ago

LH

How do you connect to the router ?

Posted 3 years ago

dunngh

Wirelessy. Wireless G

Posted 3 years ago

LH

I would check all your connections. From the wall socket, to where the copper cable enters your property. I have seen this before, with a bad exterior connection.
And if you can check the resistance between the individual wires, so much the better.

Posted 3 years ago

dunngh

Then why does it do it at both houses with Wildblue, and only on my mac?

Posted 3 years ago

LH

You didn't mention 2 houses. Are they on the same site?

Posted 3 years ago

dunngh

They are a mile apart. I did not mention the two houses. I have the same problems with both of them with the same ISP and two different dishes.

Posted 3 years ago

LH

You are connecting by satellite ?

Posted 3 years ago

dunngh

Yes, Wildblue is a satellite internet provider. On a side note: I re-enable DNS pre-fetching, and general browsing seems to be back to normal, but it could be temporary like all of the other options I've tried.

Posted 3 years ago

LH

LNBs can certainly be affected by heat. It may be worth trying another one. And do check all those connections, and cable.

Posted 3 years ago

dunngh

Thank You. I don't know why Wildblue couldn't just tell me that. I'll be certain to check all of the connections. It's too bad the only other option is HughesNet. My fix was only temporary.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.