SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Installing xubuntu on formated xp drive.

(8 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by syn
  • Latest reply from REDHAT
  • Topic Viewed 4223 times

syn

I was wondering if there was any safe way to reformat an XP hard drive after it has formated the whole drive already...... i am trying to dual boot xubuntu boot yet i have not found a safe way to reformat the xp hard drive without any file damage.

Posted 7 years ago

michael

Right. You install XP. You then load the LiveCD of Xubuntu. Click install and at the partition stage, select "Use free space".

--
Mike

Posted 7 years ago

syn

Xp has already taken up all of the available free space on the hard drive. And i know that i can do a defragment and resize then defrag and resize but that is time consuming and does not guarantee file data lose.

Posted 7 years ago

michael

OK. There should be an option on the Xubuntu which says:

"Resize and Use Free Space"

Does that help?

--
Mike

Posted 7 years ago

REDHAT

mike

you can

look. just go to download.com and type wubi in the serch bar.

wubi is a app that let u install and ubuntu on ur xp machine without loessin any file from ur xp pc

''.

Posted 6 years ago

REDHAT

mike

Wubi is an unofficial Ubuntu installer for Windows users that will bring you into the Linux world with a single click. Wubi allows you to install and uninstall Ubuntu Linux as any other application. If you heard about Linux and Ubuntu, if you wanted to try them but you were afraid, this is for you. Version 7.04.01 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.

''.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Redhat, please credit original sources when pasting. Thanks.

Posted 6 years ago

REDHAT

ok

scotty

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.