SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Installing Windows 7 instead in place of Windows 8.

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by keithw
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 860 times

keithw

Hi Every-one, I am new here and not really a computer buff. I have a new computer HP Pavillion HP-6 which is running Windows 8 and try as I might I simply do not like the new O S. I have experience of Windows 7 and I like it a lot more the Windows 8 (which is driving me up the wall). My query is this, how do I install Windows 7 as my operating system and get rid of that which is installed at the moment? A retrograde step may-be in some people's eyes but I feel that it is the only way to go. Thanking you in anticipation, very best regards from Keith in Derby.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Rather then switch to Windows 7 which is not an easy task for some, maybe try reading this and make Windows 8 more to your liking.

http://www.howtogeek.com/12769.....windows-8/

Edit: moving your thread to Windows 8.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

First you need to find out if your computer will run win7. You need to go to HP website and locate the drivers. If you find all the win7 drivers then you need to purchase a copy of win7. The are a couple of ways you can prepare your HDD.
One is to insert the win7 disk and let it format and repartition your drive which means you will lose your recovery partition win8 image. Don't know if you want to do that, you might want to revert bck to win8 someday.
Have you made some ecovery disks from your recovery partition disks yet?

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

You also have to find out whether your PC has a BIOS because with UEFI it will be tricky.

Why don't you run Windows 7 in virtual - then you have no trouble at all. I run Windows 8 in virtual (same thing) here is a demo on how that works.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

We need the COMPLETE EXACT Model Number before we can advise.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!