How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Installing W7 on the SSD - new roadblock

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 1123 times

whs
whs

I installed the SSD, disconnected the HDD and started the W7 installation from my USB stick version. All went well - loading files, country, language, keyboard, etc. - all that passed. But then i get the message: "Setup was unable to locate a new system partition or an existing system partition ..." So I first thought it was because I had only formatted the drive. I restarted and defined an active partition with Diskpart. Tried to install again - same result.
I think it might be that the W7 installer cannot work with the SSD and needs a driver (from USB stick ot CD). Any more ideas?

Update: Just looked at the OCZ website. There is no specific driver for the SSD. I guess it is considered a standard Sata. So my idea was no good. What now?

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

whs,
Any way of Booting from Ghost CD, Zeroing, Making Partition, and Formatting the SSD ????
My old Ghost Edition PE does all that. Fail Proof.
Best Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Right Rick, That's what I just did. I copied my Vista with Ghost. It works fine on the SSD. Next I have to see whether the Windows7 installer accepts that partition. But first i will play around a little with Vista on the SSD. Ghost copied the 27GB from the HDD over in 12 minutes - pretty fast, isn't it?

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

whs, how about you delete all the partitions on the drive? Maybe Win7 would like to install in unallocated space.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.