The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Install XP on HP G60-230US w Vista Home Prem Pre-installed

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by f
  • Latest reply from f
  • Topic Viewed 4711 times

f

We just purchased 4 of these Notebooks with the intent of installing XP and our other standard organizational software in order to maintain our software unity. I realized that something was different when I went to perform my usual MOL XP PRO SP2 install from the Install CD. The installer worked normally untill it said
"Starting Windows" then it crashed with the blue screen indicating Windows had a problem and it was shutting down to protect it self.

I did some searching and found others have had difficulty. I would like to keep the Vista OS working as it is and add XP. I have shrunk the Vista Partition and created a Partition for XP but have not been successful in installing XP successfully.

I am hoping that by this time there would be guidelines for doing this on this specific HP G60 Notebook.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Hi Frank. Can you link us to the XP drivers for these machines ?

Posted 5 years ago

f

Sorry about that...here is the link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr.....38;lang=en

Thank you for your quick response. I, like most of us, have a lot of balls in the air and therefore
hesitant to get to far into something that may turn into a sinkhole. I hope to get the process down for one machine and hopefully, create a disk image or something so I can have smooth sailing on the other 3 machines just like the first.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Posted 5 years ago

f

The Eagle has landed!!!...On Monday the 27th, my HP G60-230US, which came preloaded with Vista Home Premium,
has been re-born as a WIN XP PRO OS and it is all due to all the support of various Forum Members Postings.

Kudo's to all you Forum Supporters that give of your time to help those in need.

I am humbled by your support and have taken away a need to return and help others.

Frank

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!